- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Who we are:
This website is operated by Artfolk of Norfolk (AFON), a community organisation founded to address the artistic needs of the local community by showcasing and marketing local artistic talent through art exhibitions and events, community newsletters, classes and workshops.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which, for the time being, applies in the United Kingdom and across the European Union. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to enhance the services available to you. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase services via our website, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase services via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
- information about your company, business, artwork
- photographs, sketches, canvases, drawings and any form of artistic work you provide to use to showcase on our website
We use this personal information to:
- operate the AFON website and provide services as requested
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity and to administer your membership record
- share information provided by others that is considered to benefit members
- improve our services to you
- promote the interests of the AFON.
- maintain our own invoices/accounts via PayPal.
- inform you of news, events, workshops and other activities of the AFON
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose, e.g. to send you information of upcoming events held by us
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have or are negotiating with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- vital interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life
- public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information, which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register your interest to become a member of AFON||We ask you to become a Friend of Artfolk of Norfolk by subscribing to using our website to showcase and promote your work.
We will ask for personal details such and name, address, bank details (payment of annual subscription fee)
|All the information we collect about you will be stored and used by us in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with your rights as described in Section 13 of this statement under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will keep this information until:
— you close your account with us
— we close your account